Anita Williams, also known by her alias "Bangalore", is one of the playable Legends in Apex Legends. She is an ex-soldier for the IMC Armed Forces and a competitor within the Apex Games under the moniker "Professional Soldier".
Born into a military family where she, her parents, and her four older brothers all served in the IMC Armed Forces, Bangalore has been an exceptional soldier since she was young. She was top of her class at the IMC Military Academy and the only cadet who could take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a Precision Choke hop-up, and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded.
Three years ago, Anita and her brother Jackson were ordered to retrieve a mercenary fleet from the Outlands to aid in the IMC’s fight against the Militia. However, their unit lost contact with IMC HQ and were ambushed on arrival. The squad scattered, but Jackson stayed behind to give his sister time to escape. Alone and with no way home, Anita put her training, extensive weapon knowledge, and competitive spirit to work by joining the Apex Games. Now, she fights to raise money for passage back to the IMC home base, where she hopes to reunite with what remains of her family.
Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher
Bangalore can summon 3 smoke canisters that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.
Passive Ability: Double Time
Bangalore moves faster when she's taking fire while sprinting.
Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder
Bangalore can call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.
- Bangalore is 35 years old
- According to developer interviews:
- Bangalore is described as "ex-IMC," even though her profile doesn't directly mention severing ties with the conglomerate. That aside, developers noted she was expressly written to have come from a strong and proud military background and is described as "a good guy."
- She is expressly described and designed as the basic "soldier character" that is easy to grasp and digest.
- She is named for the "Bangalore torpedo," a piped explosive charge used in wartime to clear defensive structures and obstacles.
- Her mechanical kit is inspired by the Punjab soldiers serving in the British Indian Army during World War I, who would use smoke and creeping barrages of artillery fire to charge across open field.
- She was partly inspired by and ended up serving as an homage to predominantly African-American regiments, like the Harlem Hellfighters.
- "Oscar Mike" is a term Bangalore uses a lot. This is a military term which means "On the Move"