Ajay Che, also known by her alias Lifeline, is a playable Legend in Apex Legends. As a field paramedic and competitor in the Apex Games, her moniker is "Combat Medic."
Lifeline's name means a line (such as a rope) used for saving or preserving life.
Ajay Che, aka Lifeline, isn’t someone you would expect to find in the Apex Games. Once the child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she learned of the damage her family had caused and enlisted in the Frontier Corps, a humanitarian organization that aids Frontier communities in need. She’s since devoted her life to helping others and joined the Apex Games to fund the Frontier Corps with her winnings.
Since no one in the Games is innocent — they all know what they signed up for — and every one of her victories means help for those in need, Lifeline has no problem engaging in the popular bloodsport. Or so she tells herself. She may seem sarcastic and callous, but deep down she wants to help people and make the world a better place. If that means taking a few people down in the process, so be it.
Tactical Ability: D.O.C. Heal Drone
Lifeline has a drone called D.O.C. that she can call out to heal her team mates.
Passive Ability: Combat Medic
Lifeline can heal her team mates faster and her drone can protected by a shield wall it uses.
Ultimate Ability: Care Package
Lifeline can call in a drop pod full of high-quality defensive gear.
Heirloom: Shock Sticks
Lifeline's heirloom can be seen in her pocket the first time you see her and while watching the news. It is available by opening Apex Packs. Each one opened has a 1/500 chance to award a bonus heirloom pack.
- Lifeline is 24 years old.
- Lifeline is friends with Octane and was the one who procured his bionic legs, albeit unwillingly. Both come from the same planet, Psamathe.
- Lifeline's bandanna features the logo of Kodai Industries, a company that operates mining facilities in Titanfall 1 and 2.
- When Lifeline is the last one alive on her squad, special voice lines will be triggered when using her tactical and ultimate ability: Tactical Ability ( D.O.C. Heal Drone)
- "Patch me up, D.O.C."
- Ultimate Ability ( Care Package)
- "Callin' in a Lifeline package. Gotta treat myself."
- "Callin' in a Lifeline package. Gotta treat yo'self."
- "Is it mah birthday already?"
- "Now, here's my birthday present."
- "Here's my birthday present."
- According to developer commentary:
- Lifeline's drone companion made it much easier to find and establish her personality and character during motion capture. Additionally, being one of the most emotive characters in the roster, her character only really came to life when she got her facial animations towards the end of development.
- She was designed mechanically to be a combat medic who puts herself in the line of fire and at risk to help her team, not merely a "healer." One of the prevailing concerns when designing her was how to avoid her "[becoming] the meta."