Template:AgeRevenant is a simulacrum character featured as a playable Legend in Apex Legends. His moniker is "Synthetic Nightmare".
In folklore, a revenant is an animated corpse that is believed to have revived from death to haunt the living. The word revenant is derived from the Old French word, revenant, the "returning" (see also the related French verb revenir, meaning "to come back").
Originally human, Revenant was the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He was left unaware when Hammond Robotics transferred his mind to the robotic killing machine he became. But when his programming failed, Revenant swore to kill the people that made him the nightmare he had become.
When Hammond Robotics returned in the Apex Games, Revenant's thirst for revenge was renewed. He killed the Hammond Robotics-sponsored Legend, Forge, shortly before joining the Games himself.
Not much is known about Revenant's childhood except that he hails from Solace.
Sometime later in his career, he found work as a hitman for the Mercenary Syndicate. He had a natural talent in this unsavory line of work. Soon, he became the best the syndicate had to offer when it came to assassinating someone in the Outlands.
In 2420, his consciousness was digitized and transferred to a simulacrum chassis soon after the project was realized. It is unclear under what circumstances he was enrolled into the project. His memory was blocked, and additional protocols were implemented to keep his simulacrum intelligence unaware of his new identity. The Syndicate took full advantage of his recent situation and used his skills as a hitman to further their objectives for years to come. Hammond Robotics repaired and supplied him with a new chassis every time he received critical damage during a mission, followed by a memory wipe.
In 2708, Revenant completed a contract on Marcos Andrade. During the mission, he received some damage to his chassis that, combined with nearly three centuries of data loss and corruption from countless transferences, caused his programming to fail. His programming was made to resemble his human emotions and reasoning to ensure his skills remain unaffected. The sudden exposure to all his blocked memories of all his injuries and deaths caused him severe distress.
When he recovered, freed of his digital constraints, he sought revenge on the Syndicate and Hammond Robotics for the suffering they had caused him with his forced servitude. In the following years, he mercilessly hunted down and killed anyone who worked for Hammond Robotics, using the ongoing war as a smokescreen. Meanwhile learning about his programming and what was done to him in all these years.
In 2733, 5-time Hyper Fighting Federation Champion James McCormick, sponsored by Hammond Robotics is named the newest entry for the 4th season of Apex Games. A week before the start of the new season, McCormick had a live interview regarding his participation on OTV. During the telecast, Revenant snuck into the studio and murdered McCormick before the broadcast was quickly cut. Later in the afternoon, in an OTV press release, it was confirmed that McCormick was attacked by an unknown assailant and pronounced dead at the scene.
The next day, it was officially announced by the Syndicate that the simulacrum Revenant would be participating in the Apex Games, replacing the recently deceased James McCormick.
Tactical Ability: Silence
Revenant can throw a device that deals 10 damage and disables enemy abilities for 20 seconds.
Passive Ability: Stalker
Revenant can crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.
Ultimate Ability: Death Totem
Revenant summons a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem with 50 health and full shields.
- Revenant is 288 years old! Making him the oldest legend ever.
- Revenant was originally called "Blackout" in earlier game files.
- The earliest Revenant upload was done in 2445.
- His silhouette can be seen on two promotional Fight or Fright images. He is also the confirmed announcer of the parallel Apex Games featured in the Shadowfall gamemode.
- When Season 4 was announced, Forge, a world-class fighter sponsored by Hammond Robotics, was revealed to be the next legend. Four days later, "Up Close and Personal" was released which shows Revenant assassinating Forge. Revenant then "replaced" Forge as the Season 4 legend.
- Occasionally, Revenant will do a series of hand signs while summoning the Death Totem. The four signs are hand signs from Japanese manga series Naruto, specifically that of Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands, the hand signs for "Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation".
- His Shadow of the Sun and Bird of Prey skin are based off of Egyptian god Ra, who was god of the sun and is depicted with a similar bird head.